View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by niagara94 View Post
Hi - I am having trouble getting one of my custom columns to show in CC. In Calibre it's listed as "Series Or Not" (minus quotes) and in CC settings under "Make groups for custom columns, I have it listed as "#read,#seriesornot" (minus quotes). The Read entry is another custom column that I created. When I go to group and select the #read entry it shows up fine but when I select the #seriesornot entry nothing shows up even though I know I have several entries where there is something in that column. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
It is hard to say without seeing your database. The first thing to check is the exact spelling of the lookup name for the column. In calibre, hover your mouse pointer over the column header to see the correct lookup name, then check that you spelled it in exactly the same way in CC.

If you can't make it work then I will need to see your database to figure out what is going wrong. If you are willing, send it to me at calibre at charles dot haleys dot org. It would be good to zip it first. :-) Note that I will see what books you have in your library, which might be a privacy concern. I won't see the books themselves.
Quote:
Also, I was wondering if there was a way to back up CC to a microSD card so that if you ever have to reformat your tablet you can just copy the info back into the CC directory or do you have to transfer it from Calibre each time?

Thanks for the help!
Not at this time.

CC can scan a folder for epubs on connect and try to match the books with calibre, a process that works well if calibre put the books on the device. This process is faster than resending the books.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote