View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #37
CallOfCth'reader
Cultist
CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CallOfCth'reader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo, Kobo Forma, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
I don't think it's very important, except at the margins. People looking for a kindle are, obviously, people who can buy online, so I don't think the absence of a B&M retailer will be a big deal.

The exception might be for people who are buying the K. as a gift - while the giftee may be comfortable with ordering online, the giftor may not be. Still, I don't think a Kindle is really an impulse present.
They can definitely be impulse buys, which is probably why so many bricks & mortar stores stock them (at least, in the UK); I impulse bought one for my parents, although I had wandered by for a few weeks considering buying them one. I probably wouldn't have bothered to order them one from Amazon, as it wouldn't have fit in with my impulse urge.

I've also been tempted to buy a Kindle Touch from a store for myself, walking passed the stand on numerous occasions. I want a Paperwhite now, so will have to go down the internet route, but if I'd bought a Touch it would have been on impulse in a store rather than having to waiting 48 looooong hours for an internet order!
CallOfCth'reader is offline   Reply With Quote