View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #9
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Cool Cold ? Huh..........

A college mate from Canada - can't immediately remember what province/corner he resided in - told me of people leaving small heaters burning under car sumps to prevent the engine oil from freezing.

When I said I thought that seemed a mildly dodgy practice, he said Canucks were always up for a trek in harsh temperatures, following a nice warm-up around a burning vehicle .......

All part of the rich warp & woof of Canadian heritage/folklore I suppose......

( Another guy, ummm......well.... living there courtesy of the wise Canadian military policy of the time, due to a dislike for jungle trekking & the contents of AK47's , shall we say......... opined that after his part of Texas, the temperatures were just fine, thanks ........... )
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote