View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #10
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
My choice (the one with the obscene title) didn't make the cut. I should have voted for The Night Life of the Gods by Thorne Smith. Then it would have at least made the final vote since it would have tied for second place. That's a very funny book about an inventor who's constantly blowing up his lab, his busybody relatives who all (except for his niece) hate him, and some Greek gods brought to life by SCIENCE and ready to paaaar-tah!
Substitute Confederacy of Dunces for “the one with the obscene title” and my thoughts exactly. I actually cast my vote for Idle Thoughts Of An Idle Fellow as I have never read it and I've not seen a film version many, many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This run-off vote is just silly. We don't need it and we should not be wasting our time with it unless of course there is a tie.

Can't we just do away with it and say it was tried but it was a failure so it's being stopped?
Why a failure? Less than 25% of the vote went to Princess Bride in the first round. Looking at what happened in February when Outlander out polled Tender Is the Night in the first round, but Tender Is the Night received more votes in the runoff I would call the system a success. Or did you really have your heart set on reading Outlander and that is why you want to call it a failure?

Last edited by Hamlet53; 03-26-2012 at 02:58 PM.