View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #8
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchkitten View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll go browse the Kobo boards. Double/triple page turns would be annoying.
Generally take what you read on forums with a grain of salt. Feedback is more likely to be provided by people who experience problems or have faulty devices.

My own experience with the Kobo Glo is that it works fabulously. I have no double or triple page turns (I had those with the Pyrus mini until a firmware update fixed them) and I haven't bumped into any software glitches, though I have pretty low expectations: I side-load books and shelves via Calibre, and read them. I'm not doing any actual organizing on the device, don't buy books through it, and don't search through my library. Calibre is used for all of that.

My only two "issues" with the Kobo Glo are the lack of physical page-turn buttons and the light switch that is impossible to find in the dark. (I go back and forth on the desire for buttons, mostly for "reading on the back and holding the device in one hand above my head", so I picked up a Bookeen model, but I think they are mostly/only available here in Europe, and I haven't received it yet.)

Overall, though, I'm satisfied with the Glo.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote