View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #9
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I was thinking that if this is a memory exhausted issue....we can spot out opening a usb console and launching a top/free while browsing such a document.
It's maybe possible (for some better hacker than me)
to try to mount a swap file located either on the main memory or on the external sd.
I just tried but didn't found the mkswap command (and then i would not be able to pack the thing in an application)
i managed to temporary add some swap as extra memory like this.
1) connect using the usb cable as root using
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...89&postcount=5
2) create a 512 mega swap file using the command
dd if=/dev/zero of=/media/flash/swapfile bs=1024 count=524288

/media/flash is where files in internal memory are normalli stored
3) prepare the swap file with the command

busybox mkswap /media/flash/swapfile

4) add it with the command

/sbin/swapon /media/flash/swapfile

Would be nice to have an example of such a big file to see if Mono's assumption is correct.

Last edited by underscore; 05-14-2013 at 02:44 PM.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote