Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:40 AM   #10002
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayne Parkinson View Post
Perhaps a clue would be in order?

Did the cure involve maple syrup?
One gets maple syrup from Maple trees... not from Elm trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Well, the only solutions to the disease that I know about are either isolation, or anti-fungal injections. Neither of which are practical on a large scale.
Well, the mouse got it in one! Susan Morse developed the system for injecting the anti-fungals into EACH tree, which as you say, was impractical for large scale use, but only because of budgetary constraints. It would have taken many people many months of intense labor to save the trees, and no one was willing to spend the money. Dollars vs species. Dollars-1, Elm trees-0
Sue was my mentor during my undergrad studies.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote