Thread: How to Print?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #6
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
I've been fooling around with it and have worked out something that works even though it doesn't look great. But it doesn't have to just so long as it is functional (I keep telling myself; I can be so anal).

First, I created an XML file with author and title selected, then open the file with Excel 2007. Then I sorted the title and author columns (in that order), moved column A (title) to column D, Column B to Column C, then deleted columns A & C. That put the author column to the left of the title column (which I want), stablized the sorts, and got rid of the shading (the shading makes reading a bit harder when printed). I set the paper size to A3 and all the margins to 0, then set the print area. Then I was able to print the list as a booklet. Using the larger paper size, even though printing on 8 1/2 x 11, makes the print smaller and fills the page better. The only thing I can't figure out is how to keep the margins even from page to page. Sigh! At least the booklet meets my needs.

Last edited by Lady Fitzgerald; 05-14-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote