View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 03:43 AM   #20
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbowman View Post
that's true

As I said before, I bought an e-reader to read, not to be worried about with hardware/software problems that should be fixed when a product jump to markets. It makes me angry.

I'm frightened about receiving a second defective unit, as others has happened. I cross my fingers.
Indeed. I'm still not trusting my replacement Glo exactly because of this. Every little battery change I find myself mistrusting it more. I had it plugged in a lot on the first day so tiny bits of charging. When I stopped the % was around 64. It slept overnight and it was at 58% in the morning... then 53% in the evening... Next day it was still around 53% but dropped to 30% and then to "please charge battery" sometime in the evening. So 2.5 days on 64%. Of course, it's the first charge and no cycles have taken place to calibrate the meter... but still. It doesn't seem promising. In fact, how could SO many devices have bad batteries?! It should be the firmware. But then, why doesn't everyone have this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbowman View Post
Enjoy your Kobos, meanwhile I'll go back to hardcopy, pencil to notes, and small pieces of cardboard for bookmarking.

I'll keep you informed when the new/refurbished Kobo arrives
Thanks and good luck with the olde fashioned ways! I hope you get a perfectly working battery with 35 days worth of sleep and reading.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote