Thread: MobileRead November 2012 Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #13
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Jeez, are the people who are shy of Cloud Atlas waiting for the Readers Digest condensed version to come out? I mean 528 pages is not by any means a lengthy tome. David Copperfield 974 pages. Ivanhoe (the June selection) 544 pages. It's a less than two average books lengths for my experience. Anyway as the only book that I would want to read anyway that's my choice still.
I guess that you're saying that length of the book shouldn't be a factor in the decision making process? It's a fair call for a book club I suppose. But I balance what I read for the book club with what I've already committed to read elsewhere (eg. indie books I'm reading/reviewing).

Hopefully me using these inappropriate measures to exclude a book from my vote doesn't somehow make me ineligible. I can probably cope with ridicule if that is deemed necessary.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote