View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #13
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Well, I don't know if the poll is correct or not, but the results didn't actually surprise me all that much. There's the adjustable font size and screen quality, as taosaur brings up, for starters. I never cared about things like that until I was in my 30s and suddenly discovered eyestrain.

There's also the question of being able to afford an e-book reader, as Talldog mentions. I imagine most kids just can't afford it, unless an adult will buy it for them, for a birthday or Christmas, perhaps. And a kid who does have that kind of cash may feel social pressure to spend it on a device that is perceived as cool by other kids (or tweens or whatever).

(Though personally I can't imagine anything cooler than a magic book, I can see that there are benighted, ignorant people who don't share my opinion.)

And a Kindle is specifically made to be minimally technically demanding, so it is unlikely to scare off people who didn't grow up with technology.

So I don't know if it's correct, but it wouldn't surprise me much if it were.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote