View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 03:11 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmgal View Post
chaley, I can get Author Awards to disappear with

Code:
content_server_will_display = ['*']
content_server_wont_display = ['@Author Awards']
What I can't get to disappear are all of the sub-tags under Author Awards, such as Author Awards.Edgar Award.

I tried this but it didn't work:

Code:
content_server_wont_display = ['@Author Awards:.true']
I got that formatting from the search in Calibre. Perhaps this is the part I'm not doing right?
Unfortunately for your sanity, each subtag is considered a different item for display. To get rid of a subtag you must explicitly name it, such as in
Code:
content_server_wont_display = ['@Author Awards', 'Author Awards.Edgar Award']
I recognize this is a pain and a maintenance headache, but the way the field selection works forces it.

I might be able to make some kind of regexp pattern, but it would need to be done in a way where there could never be a conflict between the pattern and a real name. And in any event, I won't have time to look at it for a few weeks. There is a good chance that I will forget (I do that more and more these days), so if you don't hear back from me by mid-May and if you still want such a thing, ping me by posting here.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote