View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #67
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
What I like least: very inefficient use of the (tiny) screen real estate. There's a HUGE and EMPTY margin at the bottom of the screen at all times as you're reading through a book. Sometimes it gets even higher and emptier than usual, for no reason at all (even when the EPUB is correctly formatted and there is no chapter or section break). I think that on a tiny 5-inch screen, it's imperative to allow users to effectively use all of the screen's real estate. I love how Kobo Mini allows you to reduce page margins on the left and right side all the way down to zero, but they should allow the same thing for top and bottom margins, too.
Workaround: Read sideloaded epubs, use Calibre to fix your widows and orphans settings and set your top and bottom margins to nothing or next-to-nothing; and above all, don't download 2.5.2.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote