View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I've been waiting for a lot of Zahn's old work to make it into ebook format, but so far little luck. I haven't read The Icarus Hunt, but I can make a recommendation based on the author and the description you posted: Angelmass.

It's multi-threaded, but a couple of the threads are smaller characters getting caught up in a larger conspiracy. Scifi, space. I loved it.

Frankly, I'd recommend everything I'd ever read by Zahn. Even if you're not a Star Wars fan or the type who reads the more licensedy type of scifi, Zahn's original Thrawn trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command) really stands on its own. It's not quite the type of novels mentioned above -- it's more about a larger character than smaller ones, but it's fantastic reading. It was the first thing of his I ever read and I've been a loyal fan ever since.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote