View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 02:26 AM   #259
erayd
Zealot
erayd doesn't littererayd doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by octarineblues View Post
Sure. Just snagging a couple from what I was going through before, Hunter has the title center aligned in every chapter, if memory serves, and Letters chapter 16 has a news article a few pages down with the headline center aligned. Hope this helps.
Thank you - it looks like the centering is being nuked by tidy when cleaning the scraped HTML. I'll need to change the way tidy is run slightly - watch this space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneD View Post
It's got a lot of uses of the word "naive" in which the "i" has those two dots over it that are not rendered in the ebook, as well as the accent on the end of the word "naivete." And plenty of italicized words that run into the words following.
Excellent - looks like both issues are already fixed in the new version, although the fix can't be easily ported to the current version of the site without screwing up a bunch of other stuff. If you can live with it for another day or so, I'm porting over the entire new backend to work with the current frontend, rather than just the epub renderer - this problem will vanish once that's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneD View Post
Thanks again for this service. I'm often wishing I had one like it for livejournal and other sites - it's so elegant and easy-to-use.
Which sites specifically did you have in mind? I can't promise to implement everything, but the new version is a great deal easier to add extra sources. I want to get everything up and running first, but once that's done I'll consider adding more.

Note that the first one I'll be adding is http://twilighted.net/ - I personally can't stand it, but adding support for this is the request I get the most frequently.
erayd is offline   Reply With Quote