View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #41
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I'm guessing that American folks who enjoy reading are indeed curious. I also suspect that you are indeed correct when you say that the public isn't curious, because the public doesn't read many books.

I remember seeing a survey about 2000 which showed the relationship between computer ownership and being a fan of the various auto racing series. Nascar came up zero. Their fans didn't own computers.

I suspect the same is true today with eBook readers. I'm guessing that a large percentage of the American public will never buy one because the device won't pay for itself, they read so little.
Presently 10% of our bread winners don't even have a job. A lot of the rest of are just trying to get by, put food on the table, and pay the bills (me included). So yes, just about everyone I know, of all ages, know about ebooks, Kindles, Nooks, and iPads, they just can't make that purchase right now. There are others that can afford a $500-800 ipad, but I can assure you that they are not in the majority.
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote