View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 01:55 AM   #12
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
I like paper's electricity and device independence. It is easy to interact with, and the quality of printed text on paper is still light years ahead of ebook readers. Further, nobody has made a really compelling ebook hardware/software solution for my purposes yet. There are plenty of books and documents that simply won't display well on ebook reader devices, so I won't read them. But "great novels"? Those tend to be precisely the books that are well-suited to ebook readers, along with disposable fiction.

That is, unless the book itself is a prop, and sitting down and reading it is a ritual or ceremony. I could make a nostalgic picture of me sitting in a small Chinese gazebo atop a nearby small mountain, making traditional tea in very old teaware and reading poetry from scrolls on a big stone table. Heck, been there, done that. But you know, it's really bloody hard to get all that done on my commute to work, and I don't want to require a vacation in order to read good literature...and scrolls are no fun on a bus or in the subway.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote