View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #132
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisI View Post
My wife and I each have a 505, and I have made the following "discovery" about sharing library books:

We have installed Adobe Digital Editions onto each computer, and activated both computers and both 505's with the same Adobe ID.

If either of us goes to the library and checks out a book, it is assigned to the computer that checked it out. If I try to follow the ADE directions for copying files to other computers the book appears in the library, but when I try to read it on the second computer, I get a message that says there is no borrowing record, and it will not open.

However, if I connect each reader (one at a time) to the computer that did check out the book, I can copy the book to both readers.
I've got a different behavior going on, and I'm wondering if there's a setting I could change somewhere to get ADE to work for me like it does for ChrisI. Here's my problem:

I also have two PC's authorized to the same AdobeID. I can download a library book on the first PC, and copy it to my Reader without any problem. But, if I go to the second PC, download a different book, and copy that one to the 505, suddenly every library book on my Reader becomes access-blocked (screen says only "!Protected Book!" or something like that.)

Luckily, the Harris County Library allows me to download each book up to three times, so I can work around this by re-downloading all of the books to one computer, de-authorizing and re-authorizing the reader, and then re-copying the books over, but that's an awful lot of steps, and it appears that it may not be "normal." Can anyone advise?

curtw is offline   Reply With Quote