View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #72
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
the recovered disk is a seperate disk...
I think i broke grub somehow..... Booting off of a flash drive gives me an error about not being able to mount on an unknown block.... my only chance for recovery here is to try and boot from my Windows cd and install windows, wipe everything else, and reinstall linux entirely.... I suppose i could commandeer another computer and try boot repair disk...
You are proposing the "hard way" - -
Try SystemRescueCD first, it is built on a Linux LiveCD (ram resident system) and can also "fix" your windows partitions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote