View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #10
belden
Enthusiast
belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lester View Post
1.2 included an update to RMSDK 9.2 which improves the typography by including (among a lot of other things) a hyphenation engine. If for your epubs you don't want the hyphenation engine (and the better typography, etc...), you can force RMSDK 9.2 to use the 'old' 9.1 text engine by adding adding the css attribute 'adobe-text-layout: optimizeSpeed;' to a body selector ie
Code:
body {
    ... other attributes ...
   adobe-text-layout: optimizeSpeed;
}
THANK YOU! I added that line to the EPUB file I was testing above and the hyphenation is back to exactly how I remember it before, i.e. none.

To those people commenting on the example I used and saying that it doesn't seem like a lot, you are right, but what I meant was that the books were going from having absolute no words being hyphenated on each page to 5-7 words on each page which in my eyes was a lot. I just personally find it distracting and wasn't happy with the fact that it suddenly appeared in the 1.2 update.
belden is offline   Reply With Quote