View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #9
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
I can't understand why you would obtain PD books from pirates when so many are available from legitimate sources like Gutenberg? Is there something in your soul that gets an illicit thrill from supporting criminals?

I suppose there could be a few cases where a book you can't find a book that you're certain is PD from a legitimate source, although such has never happened to me.
If it's public domain, they're not pirating the book, because it's legal to share it. Torrents just as legit a source of PD books as Gutenberg. (Why someone would want them? Hm, that takes a bit of stretching. Maybe there's a batch collection that are all formatted the same way. Maybe they come in a themed bundle that are all named the same way--I've spent serious time renaming collections of ebooks. Maybe they have access to torrenting when Gutenberg would be a hassle for some reason. Maybe they just like torrents.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote