View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #139
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I own a K2, but I'd be interested in a device at this price point (or lower) with ADE (epub, PDF) support
There are going to be many alternative very soon, although not all will be ~$250. The Sony Readers, Hanlin V3 and V5 from Jinke, the Cybook Gen3, the Mentor Lite / COOL-ER / iLiber, the 5" Netronix-based devices, etcetera. The unknown at present is how much better the latest mobile ADE is than the bug-ridden feature-poor version in the current Sony Readers, and whether Sony will upgrade its software to keep up. It also isn't clear how much difference there will be between the new devices for ePub and PDF, given that they will all be using the same SDK from Adobe.

So I would wait a month or two, although I would not be surprised if the COOL-ER is a contender at the end of that time. My biggest concern is the apparent lack of folder support. This may end up being the Cybook saga all over again.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote