View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 03:38 AM   #22023
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Late afternoon cup of Keemun tea, looking out at the rain...

We used up the last of our free tickets this afternoon for a 'luxury lunch' at a hotel in Kyoto. We get these tickets based on 'points' gathered through the use of our credit cards. Last time we went to a very Japanese hotel complete with garden. Today we went to a hotel with a revolving roof-level restaurant overlooking the city and the mountains surrounding it. Lovely setting. The food... well... it tasted OK I think... but it was hard to tell as it was 'French' style... i.e. three baby lettuce leaves, half a radish, and half a cherry tomato for a salad, a bowl with 1/4 cup of cream of cauliflower soup, and the main dish was a single slice of pork the size of a credit card, surrounded by three Julianned strips of carrot and a french fry. But the plates were very pretty, if somewhat large. And it was free. If I had to pay for it, this would be in the Vent and Rant thread.

Stitchawl
We were on vacation and part of the trip was by train. I nearly starved (Well, it felt like it to me anyway). I wondered what was going on when the breakfast was over after a croissant and coffee. I thought that maybe it would be an early lunch and more substantial. Wrong. We were treated to an "American" portion lunch.. Ha. It was a very small cup of gazpacho (picture tiny tea cup) with a small bread. Plus a plate with a few lettuce leaves and prettily carved, tiny vegetables. Plus a couple of cheese and meat slices with a tiny, tiny stuffed mushroom and tomato. Wine (as much as we wanted) was also served.
(I was thinking all along that we were being served tiny portions of the appetizers) It wasn't until the next plate (with a petit four for dessert) that I realized that it had been the "whole" lunch. There were actually people who didn't eat everything and thought we were being served way too much!

Long story short..When we had a short stop in early evening, I got off, hailed a taxi to take me to the closest place to purchase food, and filled a carry bag with extra fruit, chocolate, and other snacks to help me make it through the rest of the trip. Yes, I get teased about where it all goes as I am not very big, but I did learn on that trip to always pack extra fruit and snacks in my carry bag.

Oolong tea in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote