View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #41
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I did not think that there were free-standing OPDS clients (although I guess I could be wrong about that)? I know various reader apps have that capability built in, but a free-standing one is likely to have a richer user interface I would have thought? Also, if CC supported this, then it can do the job on behalf of reader apps that do not support OPDS directly.
I have only used the OPDS client contained in reader apps. In particular I have used the one in FBReader, which has a quite reasonable UI.

There is one possible existing standalone OPDS client that I know of: a paid app called Calibre Library. Its blurb claims that it works with "stanza sources", and it is definitely not a reading app. I haven't bought and tried it, so I cannot say whether or not it works or whether its UI is good. I doubt that it integrates with calibre to the same extent that CC does, but it might be a fine general browser.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote