Thread: eBooks We Need
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #73
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedPark View Post
I agree that I have found the quality of the PG stuff to vary widely. Is there a way I have yet to discover whereby the quality/pedigree of each document is signified? Given the nature of the PG initiative and its several decades of history, it is only reasonable and understandable that these differences exist. We just don't want any surprises.
Check to see if it's a Distributed Proofreaders submission. (Current stuff will be.) Quality has improved immeasurably since DP became the feed for Gutenberg editions. And books have credits indicating who was primarily responsible for producing them.

Also, check back periodically on important texts, and new revisions get posted. One thing I do wish for is a Change Log, so I can tell what got changed, and whether the new version merits grabbing a fresh download and conversion.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote