View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #5
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyphemus View Post
How does your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 compare to those three? Is it worth the extra money for the Tab?
I bought my SGT used with some accessories (case, vehicle charger, 32 gb micro sd card) for $245. I wouldn't recommend paying full price for one, but it compares very favorably to the other devices.

The screen is slightly better than the KF (although text is sharper on the KF), but not quite as good as the Blackberry.

Verizon finally updated the SGT to Gingerbread, and that made a huge difference. It is faster, and the Touchwiz UI is pretty nice.

Storage wise, it only has 2gb on the device (which sucks), but it is easy to install and run apps from the sd card (32gb is nice).

Hardware wise it has everything the other devices have except the processor is only a single core. It is pretty smooth for the most part, but not having a dual core makes a difference. So far high end games all run well though. Also, the cameras aren't as good as the BP, but better than the Vizio. Oh, and it does have 3g.

If you could get one cheap, it definitely stacks up well against the competition. At its current price new though, I don't consider it a budget tablet. Also, avoid the wifi only version. Get one of the other tablets instead!
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote