View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 05:37 AM   #2
ThomasC
Thunder Down Under
ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle dxg, K3, K4nt, iPhone
I had a similar thing happen to me earlier this year after I accidentally let my DX run too long and got a low battery alarm, then shutdown. When I got home I charged it up overnight and it seemed fine the next morning.

However, I then started to notice the battery bar going down a lot faster than normal and like you I seemed to need to recharge it at least every 2 days, or even 1 day if I had been using 3G.

I tried a few things but what seemed to work for me was to charge it up overnight, take it off the charger in the morning, do a menu/setting/restart, then put it back on the charger all day till I got back from work. Then I took it off the charger, did a menu/settings/restart and read for a while (hour or 2). I then put it back on charge overnight, repeating the process....

After a few days doing this, my DXG seemed to be back to normal battery life. I only need to charge it every couple of weeks, maybe once a week if I've been using 3G a bit.

Another thing I've noticed with my DXG, from the start, was that if you just charge it until the green light goes on, I don't think it's really fully charged. It always seems better for me to leave it hooked up to the charger for a few more hours (or overnight) even after the green light just goes on.

If you cannot sort it out, give Amazon CS a call but maybe don't mention that you've replaced the battery (unless it was done by an approved Amazon repairer). Good luck with this.

Cheers,
Tom
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote