View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Armaddon, doing a firmware upgrade eats POWER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaddon View Post
Hi everyone, I'm at my wit's end with this problem My wife's EZ Reader froze up the other day, and the reset button wouldn't do the trick so I had her remove the battery for awhile and try the reset again. Eventually she was able to get it to reset, but it would never get past the boot screen (with the progress bars at the bottom).

After reading around, I found some firmware updates. I have a 512 MB SD card, formatted FAT with the Panasonic SD format utility, and tried the 2.20 off of theezreader website. It would start, get to step 5 (Update Resource), then stop with the bar halfway across the screen. I looked around for another SD card and possible other firmware files just in case. I found my 4 gig SD card, but when I tried any file it was say "Invalidate File Please Check Your Update File", and when I tried any other version of the firmware on the SD card, it would get to step 5 and freeze again. Currently downloading the latest Hanlin firmware just in case, but I'm not too optomistic.. any suggestions

edit: Hanlin 2.20EN.091124 does the same thing.. Also, I noticed if I format the card FAT32, if only gets to step 4 (Update Parser App) and stops... odd I suppose?
Dear Armaddon:

Doing a firmware upgrade may seem relatively easy and takes only 5-10 minutes... but it eats power (battery charge) like a giant Black Hole! Always, always recharge fully (10-12 hours whether you see a green light or not) before doing a firmware upgrade! I think that is the problem. RECHARGE a full 10-12 hours before starting!!

The EZ Reader is a wonderful device and very stable... BUT it gets cranky on anywhere near low charge!! Always recharge fully when the Battery Charge Life Gauge shows only a bit less than 1/2 charge remaining!!

Last edited by Robertb; 06-23-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote