View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 01:57 AM   #1
armaddon
armaddon began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader 6"
Astak EZ Reader 6" Stops while updating firmware

Hi everyone, I'm at my wit's end with this problem My wife's EZ Reader froze up the other day, and the reset button wouldn't do the trick so I had her remove the battery for awhile and try the reset again. Eventually she was able to get it to reset, but it would never get past the boot screen (with the progress bars at the bottom).

After reading around, I found some firmware updates. I have a 512 MB SD card, formatted FAT with the Panasonic SD format utility, and tried the 2.20 off of theezreader website. It would start, get to step 5 (Update Resource), then stop with the bar halfway across the screen. I looked around for another SD card and possible other firmware files just in case. I found my 4 gig SD card, but when I tried any file it was say "Invalidate File Please Check Your Update File", and when I tried any other version of the firmware on the SD card, it would get to step 5 and freeze again. Currently downloading the latest Hanlin firmware just in case, but I'm not too optomistic.. any suggestions?

edit: Hanlin 2.20EN.091124 does the same thing.. Also, I noticed if I format the card FAT32, if only gets to step 4 (Update Parser App) and stops... odd I suppose?

Last edited by armaddon; 06-23-2010 at 02:20 AM.
armaddon is offline   Reply With Quote