View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #56
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
You've made some interesting comments and my opinion has shifted a little. But not much. I do recognize that Amazon like any corporation is going to avoid tax as much as it can. What is questionable is that they are allowed to avoid such a huge amount of tax. As a trend, what does that mean for our society? I find it alarming that such an amoral entity is increasingly controlling the future of the printed word. I also find it bizarre that normal people defend it.

I think the argument that avoiding $2 billion or $2,000 is the same except for degree is spurious. This is the real world and a difference of degree does make all the difference. Who is worse? The murderer that kills 2 people or the murderer that kills 200,000? Obviously the latter causes more suffering.