View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #85
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
A lot of people have talked about liberating and backing up their content. Another approach is to recognise what you are actually paying for - a kind of extended rental - and adjust what you are willing to pay for it accordingly.

In my own case, I have never bothered deDRMing any of my Kindle books, even though I vaguely thought I might. They simply never go to my PC. I enjoy the convenience of being able to buy things and have them turn up automatically on my Kindle. I'm not in a great rush to give myself a lot of extra work obtaining and organising the backups.

I might live to regret it, but I have no complaints so far. If I didn't build up so many unread books, I'd probably never care. I'm not a big rereader.
I'm one that liberates my content. It's not a big deal for me, since I get books from multiple sources. When I buy, 90% is from B&N because it's convenient, but I also get a lot of books from the library and some from Google books. Whenever I hook up my nook to add those things, I download the nook books to my pc, strip the drm and back them up in Calibre.

The other reason I do this is in case I switch e-readers at some point, I don't want to lose all my nook titles.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote