View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
What are the advatages of the Pocket Pro over the Sony 505?

I see that for the time being, the price of the Sony 505 has dipped down to $200 (in the US). So if the price is the same as the Pocket Pro, I wonder what advantage each has.

The 505 has a 6" screen which is highly regarded. The Pocket Pro has a 5" screen with the latest Epson controller.

Too bad no Sony rep is here to tout the 505, but I wonder what the Astak fans feel about how the Pocket Pro compares to the 505 at the same price point.

By the way, I feel that price is important. Yesterday I saw someone compare the $200 Pocket Pro to an $800 iRex, and say that the Pocket Pro comes up short. In my view comparisons are valid only between comparably priced units.

Last edited by GA Russell; 09-03-2009 at 08:57 PM.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote