View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 02:56 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
What are some big reading projects?

I have been thinking of reading the Harvard Classics, but then I found the Everyman's Library at Manybooks and it has a selection that appeals to me slightly more. And over 100 titles available!

There were some other 'big projects' available, some of which interested me:

The Chronicles of Canada (32 vols)
Lives of Eminent Painters (10 vols)
Great Men and Famous Women (7 vols)
English Men of Letters (36 vols)
Makers of History (31 vols; not all available)
Library of the World's Best Literature (16 vols; not all available)
Newberry Winners (12 available)

So, what other many-volume big reading series type things can you think of? I am especially interested in the kind that implies you will get a 'well-rounded education' if you read the whole lot.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote