View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #5
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I want a replacement for my Newton MessagePad.

- I need to be able to take notes and make sketches, which can then transfer to my PC w/ curves as curves, lines as lines, shapes as shapes &c., and the ability to recognize writing to text
- I want the ability to manipulate words and numbers and perform calculations --- programmability would be nice as well
- agree w/ lev that daily organizer / planner features are essential
- good support for reference materials (esp. a thesaurus) would be good as well

Some facility for multi-tasking so that one can consult a reference while working on something else would be an obvious add-on.

All of the above is why I carry around a Fujitsu Stylistic, but while the colour and the large screen is nice, I want a unit which will fit into a pocket (The Sony PRS-505 is the perfect size for me and fits into pockets in all of my favourite shirts and pants) and not be tethered to a wall outlet (the Stylistic, w/ the long life battery won't quite make it through an entire day).

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote