View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #35
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Just for info, I thought I'd have a go with this big boy (36 Mb HTML) using BookDesigner. I opened it this morning and BD started crunching away to load it. After 45 minutes, it was still working at it so I just shut off my PC. I may try this again later but my sense is that even if I can open it, add an efficient table of contants, and generate an LRF file from it, it's going to be so massive that it will be INCREDIBLY impractical to use, particularly without a direct way to get to the word you're looking up. You might just get the definition of a word quicker by posting a letter of inquiry to your local libary.
I guess it's back to hand editing that HTML file to insert the two-tiered TOC.

I've never used BD to prepare a TOC so don't know what to expect here.

I don't mind working with HTML, so I might gives this a go (and finish what I started so long ago).

How would you like that two-tiered TOC to function? Was my idea similar?

Any tips/ideas would be helpful.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote