View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #23
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@twobob: Oookay, so you're actullay using an *older* glibc than the Kindle.

I didn't think that was possible . The K3's using glibc 2.5, which is already freaking ancient. glibc 2.3.6 is just straight up prehistoric ^^. (And don't remind me that I actually have used system running it, and older, please ).

Anyyyway, all the stuff about using matching loader/glibc still applies, but you can also try to use/build against the same glibc version as the Kindle, which should be 2.5 or 2.5.something (check the Amazon source releases).

EDIT: I'm not going through all my previous messages to switch older/newer where appropriate, but the meaning behind them still more or less applies.

err Okay.

I did had previously extracted the gllic from the kindle sources, but done nothing with them. Ill go read yet another FM. : )

Still I actually like that I am running an older one. : ) comforting somehow.

LET ME QUALIFY THAT: Perhaps with the updated Glibc I can convince a few more BR packages thru the hoops. We already managed a huge pile with the freaking ancient libs!!! glad to find we have a *little* bit more 'historic' overhead than originally thought.

kk. more manuals. got it.

Honestly, I had done little else but read since I got my kindle
HAHAHAHA I made a funny.

Jeepers must be getting tired. Right time to try the new kncWangle™ with Fries. TBC

Last edited by twobob; 08-20-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: made the tense and timeframe more clear. slightly
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote