View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #45
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I tried your second one, but that one isn't foolproof either:

"The -dren [00] - The Clan of the Cavebear"

The "The" (and "A", etc) should be removed first...
I don't have the problem, because I don't put leading articles on my series names.

Of course, the way to 'fix' it is to strip the articles before it gets to the plugboard. Create a (probably hidden) composite column called #stripped_series (or some such) containing something like
Code:
{series:re(^(A|The|An)\s+,)||}
Then the plugboard expression becomes
Code:
{#stripped_series:shorten(4,-,4)}{series_index:0>3s| [|] }{title}
As for your second example, yes, shortening can always create collisions. You pays your money and makes your choice.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote