View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
azteech
azteech began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy II (SPH-D710)
Lightbulb Recommendation - Maintain updated list of depreciated plugins

Hello,

While I find there is a list of Deprecated/Renamed/Retired Plugins, available in the Index of plugins, it doesn't have all the plugins listed where one can revert back if need be.

Request the list be updated so it lists at least the last depreciated plugin file, along with a download location, or a separate sticky be made which does this.

Example of such is the "Quality Check" plugin - it was recently updated to 1.9.2, with requirement of Calibre 0.8.59. Not being able to successfully run 0.8.59 I unfortunately had to revert back to 0.8.58 (as noted here Calibre hangs when adding a book file and in the bug report here https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1022019).

However, reverting back has its own issues if one has updated plugins which required the latest version of Calibre. I discovered this after having updated the "Quality Check" plugin after I had updated to 0.8.59. Since the Quality Check plugin requires 0.8.59 be installed it no longer works, nor is it installed. Found this out by going to Preferences>Change calibre behavior>Advanced>Plugins>Get New Plugins option. it shows the plugin is no longer installed, but states Calibre upgrade required, and lists 1.9.2 as the only option, and of course I can't find the 1.9.1 plugin to manually download it.

Last edited by azteech; 07-09-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: modified wording
azteech is offline   Reply With Quote