Thread: My first e-book
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 02:48 AM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John123 View Post
Thanks, folks. Working semi-blind. I can deal with that. It takes me back about 30 years to the very first phototypesetting machines . A very good piece of software, though in need of donations!
John123:

I looked at it also, and your font embedding seems to be working, when viewed in ADE and elsewhere, both italic and bold--but I concur with bobcdy, the fontsize is excruciatingly small--11px for the body? It's unreadable, even blown up on ADE. I don't know why you're working in such a tiny font; nor why you have it set in px, given that it will limit sizing alterations by the reader, particularly in NookColor which seems to be unable to resize any font with a specified base size, i.e., 12pt (as oppsed to 12px). I'm with Bob--use 1em as a basesize, or even .9 if you must, but MAN, that is tiny.

HTH,
Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote