View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #65
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
How do you find that for things like pdfs or magazines, I prefer the greater portability of a 7" tablet but my ipad is noticeably better for that sort of reading and an 8.9" device would seem like a good compromise as I want to replace my ipad.
It's in transit. I'll report once I have it up and running. Could be a couple weeks.

Conceptually I think of it as my "hardcover" reader and a complement to the smaller "paperback-class" eink reader.

I have a bunch of free digital comics codes so I'll be trying those, a couple of Scientific American faux-paper (pdf) editions and a handful of cook books. I might try a National Geographic or two.
I have a couple of Audible books I was gifted so that'll be part of the shakedown cruise.
Plus the usual reading apps; Kindle, Nook, Coolreader, and Aldiko.

Hopefully it'll be a step up from my ten-year old TC-1000 windows tablet.
(Half the weight should help. Better battery life would help but 6 hours on the Compaq wasn't bad for 2003.)

I've been pondering the move for months now and it got to the point I got tired of waiting. Once the Mini disqualified itself it came down to Kindle vs Nook and in the end the Kindle won on a series of minor pluses adding up to a justification for the higher cost.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote