View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #112
FatCatElvis
FatCatElvis began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4 32GB (iOS 5.1.1), iPad Mini 64GB (iOS 6.1.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
So download the new Google maps app when you update to iOS 6. This isn't a drama.
Yes I already looked at the app. Not as useful or seamless as native integrated Google Map. Anyways, I won't go into the details of why I think that the native integrated Google Map app is better than the one you have to install from AppStore. This is not the forum for it.

And it wasn't a drama, just an observation and a light-hearted message. Didn't really need your sarcastic reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
You know there is a Google Map app available, right?
Yup, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@FatCatElvis - Yes. The App Store should have prevented the purchase. I suppose you can contact Apple for a refund
Thank you. I already contacted Apple and they are processing the refund now. They are very good at refunding when there are valid reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
You gotta be kidding me, FatCatElvis.
Yup, I know. I already looked at all the options, way, methods of how I can utilize Google Map app. For now, I don't think it's quite there to be useful for me. Probably in another year. On my iPad Mini, I use both AppleMap and GoogleMap app. Neither is as seamless as the native and integrated GoogleMap. Anyways, moving back on track to this current thread...

As I already said before, I didn't want to go off in a another tangent discussion on iOS pros and cons, blah blah blah.

The original posting was, at the end of the day, meant as a compliment to the developers for their hard work in putting forth two amazing products, of which, I can only use the iPad version (for now).

Last edited by FatCatElvis; 09-15-2013 at 11:18 AM.
FatCatElvis is offline   Reply With Quote