Old 05-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #8
Gadget Guy
Enthusiast
Gadget Guy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Interesting inforamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turt99 View Post
The cover art thing is because of how the epub is setup. I found I had that issue when there was a cover set on my book but it was not the first page of the book. Here is what you can do.

Open the epub in Calibre and set the metadata, then reconvert the ePub to ePub this will apply the meta data to the epub directly and put the cover on the first page of the epub. Then everything will work correctly.
Thanks - the file does have the cover as the 1st page of the book, and I had applied the metadata to the file before I converted to epub. However, I will try coverting an epub to epub (think I was going from rtf to epub initially) to see if that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turt99 View Post
Regarding the deleting of the stylesheet, I know this works but for everyone that doesn't understand this file does not only control the font size it also applies all other styles so you have to understand that by deleting that file you are removing ALL but the basic formatting from the book. This works fine for most books but might be a little excessive for others.
Interesting - I did not realize this. I guess I will only try this if I find a book I need to increase the font, or wait until a firmware fixes this issue (assuming it can).

GG
Gadget Guy is offline   Reply With Quote