View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #23
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
To read 40 books split among various categories

I've gone way overboard in the past with my challenges, so this year it's a lot of little things adding up to not much. 2016 might be another weird challenge.

40 books falling within the following sub-challenges.

MobileRead Bookclub Participation [12/8]
I have ignored the book clubs for a while now. Just too busy with too many other challenges in reading. It's time to start participating again. These books can be literary or regular.
Spoiler:

Read more Canadian [13/6]
Because I am inept at reading from my own country. Six books should get the CRTC off my back a bit.
Spoiler:

Read a Few More Countries [7/6]
There's still a lot of the world left to read and I really liked that challenge so we'll continue it with an unread country every couple of months.
Spoiler:

Read Books in Purchased Pile [5/5]
I don't have a lot of books in my purchased pile. I believe there's about ten on the Kindle and about ten paper books, but there's a few that have been sitting there and should be read. These books must have been purchased prior to mid-2014.
Spoiler:

Second Chance Authors [6/5]
Read some authors that I have only read one title by that I should read more by. Or that I didn't really enjoy the first book and I think it might have just been the book selection.
Spoiler:

Miscellaneous [29/10]
Spoiler:

Keep Spending below $50 for the Year [$0.00 / $50.00]
That's right, $50 for the entire year. Canadian funds which aren't worth anything with respect to the United States and I expect Amazon prices to go through the roof for me. I can't buy much for that and I'll have to be careful.
Spoiler:
  • nothing purchased yet

Relative Reading Frequencies for countries and decades
AT AU AZ BD CA CM DK FR GB [IE IR IS IR IT JP KP MX PK TG US
1700s 1800s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s

Last edited by HomeInMyShoes; 12-17-2015 at 09:20 AM. Reason: added titles
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote