View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by storax View Post
I’ve been testing my idea with a font I found in a thread on Dividers and fleurons. My testing is not complete ― all I’ve done so far is embed the font and use it for the section breaks ― but I’ve already encountered the font selection problem I mentioned above: on my PW, unless I select ‘Publisher Font’, I get the letter the glyph maps to instead of the glyph from the embedded font. I surely can’t expect the person reading the book to switch fonts, so my idea will only work if the decorative character I want to use maps to an appropriate characters included in the basic Kindle fonts, such as ‘•’ or ‘*’.
I have been there before Finally I found a solution so the fleuron is showed always (that is, even if the user doesn't select "Publisher Font"). Now I convert the font glyph with the fleuron in a svg image. In the conversion, I transform the glyph in a "path" (svg path) so it's no neccesary to embed the font in the ebook. Read this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...62&postcount=7

Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote