View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by storax View Post
I'm currently formatting a book (my very first) as a favor for an author-friend, and I’m trying to do two simple things:
  • Add a decorative element to section breaks.
  • Add a small image to the title page and to an 'About the Author' page. (It's a glyph taken from an old woodcut, which the author uses like a chop mark).
For more Kindle formatting ideas also check out my CSS3 thread in the Kindle forum. It shows, for example, how to add a fleuron using CSS3 and doesn't require fallback styling, because CSS3 elements will simply be ignored by KindleGen when it generates the Mobi7 part of the master mobi file.

IMHO, it's nice to think of fallback styles, but I wouldn't waste too much time on it since the majority of Kindles in use support KF8. Only 3 older Models (K1, K2 an DX) don't support KF8 and most of them were bought by "early adopters" with enough disposable income to afford the latest models.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote