View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #418
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Alright. I was undecided and I've been a very vocal hater on the non-retina screen, but I change my vote to Yes, I'm keeping it. I kinda love it. I don't love the slightly blurry font and I *do* notice it whenever I read anything
Which reading apps have you tried?
Does any of them let you install arbitrary TrueType fonts? Some reading apps let you tweak font rendering for different displays. Also, some fonts look better at different sizes or even on different type of displays. (For example, on a 5/6in SVGA eink screen Georgia looks great but the same font file on the same reading app loks less great on a similar-res LCD, where Garamond, Bookman, or Century look better than Georgia.

(XGA shouldn't be unbearable at 8in; I lived for years on an XGA 10in tabletPC and text looked great on MSReader and fine on Mobipocket, Kindle, and Coolreader for PC. There ought to be a tweak somewhere...)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote