View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #29
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Alex,
If, as you reported, you charged it to 100% and then the next morning it was still at 100%, and then you used it some and it dropped to 95% and then the next morning it was still at 95%, then you definitely have a good unit, IMHO. When you have a bad unit that you have just charged from low up to 100%, you know it very quickly. With the 2 bad Touches I have had, they would lose like 12% overnight. If I do not perform the "topping off" routine mentioned above, my Touch will be down to less than 25% in about 4 or 5 days! So you know it when you see it.

As far as page numbers, you are not understanding it correctly. Because you can change the font size on the device and the margins, the page numbers will not necessarily change every time you turn a page. I mean, think about it, how could they? So you might have say 4 "virtual" page turns within one actual page. Depending on the font size, you might have even more.

In fact, the Nook devices work GREAT as far as page number. No matter what font setting you have or what device you are using (Nook Tablet, Color Nook, Touch, even Nook for PC!), when you go to say page 32 in a book, you see the exact same text on all devices.

Last edited by RAH; 04-21-2012 at 09:47 AM.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote