View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #459
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
@ Gauthier: Okay so I had some time last night to test the code you suggested in post #445 (link).

A couple things. The "Public const ..." works on 2003 so I'll update both 2003/2007 to use that new syntax. Don't recall why I used set/get. I think that was an old VB habit (dating myself i know).

The second part has me concerned, I don't think we want to put everything in the registry, just external and user settings. I see BC having three types of data. Template data, book data, and user performances.

User pref should go in the reg. For instance calibre's location, book creation preferences.

However template data should be kept in the template. An example is the FIRST_RUN variable.

Book data such as publisher, author name, tags should be kept in the document properties data.

That said if I'll try to get around to updated the code this weekend and posting the code up to the website you created.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote