View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #332
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
Just got mine this afternoon - the weather outside's above 0 Celsius, and when I shine light on the screen in a dark room (it's charging now), the K3 and K4 screens are pretty much indistinguishable in my case; high contrast, although the background looks a little greyer if the light hits the bezel, whereas without that as a reference it's less gray and more like my K3 from Oct/Nov 2010.

It hasn't prompted me to update to 5.0.3 yet, though. I'm using the second-smallest font and the text is perfectly readable... but I long for page-turn buttons so I don't have to move my thumb over to turn pages.
The 3, 4, and 5 have been used for "generation" of Kindle.

Amazon's using Kindle 3 with software version 3.x.x
And the NoTouch $79 one is Kindle 4 with software version 4.x.x
The Kindle Touch should be Kindle 5, as it has software version 5.x.x

(Note that Kindle Fire is software version 6.x.x .)

Since they're all quite different, I think it's important to separate
Kindle 4 NoTouch/No Keyboard and Kindle 5 Touch (which has the v.5.0.3 update)

The Kindle 4 has had the most complaints relatively speaking.

Haven't heard much about the K5 Touch having the probs the K4 does.
But maybe I missed them? Love mine w/ its lighter background and
dark fonts.

- Andrys
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote