View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
On the fence about a PW

I am so on the fence about getting a Paperwhite. On the one hand, my K3 is perfectly adequate to the task, and I can do some things on it (my notepad app, Calibre-managed collections) that I can't do on a PW. On the other hand.. ooohhh, shiny! and I like the idea of finding out how much longer til the end of the chapter. (just last night, I put up my book in the middle of a chapter, only to find I only had one more page to go in it)

Will the time-to-read function work in non-Amazon books that I've side-loaded? That is, is it a PW function or book-function?

I know I can jailbreak the PW to get the Collections Manager on it, but I'm nervous about trying that - I'm not terribly technical.

On the third hand, my relatively new K3 is developing a crack from the lower right corner of the screen toward the Menu button. My k3 is a replacement for one that developed that crack, and I don't know whether it's something to get exercise about or just get a skin to cover the crack.

so... PW or stick with the K3?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote